thinking outside of the box

couscous stuffed mushrooms | theclevercarrot.com

Hi friends!

Doing something a little bit different today-

I’ve teamed up with Saveur & Whole Foods Market to bring you an article on affordable, healthy meals. Because let’s face it: feeding your family on a budget is not always easy.

For the full story and details, including my recipe for these easy Couscous-Stuffed Mushrooms (so good!) head over to Saveur. I think you’re really going to love this one (plus, the recipe is great for entertaining- you can make it in advance).

Click here to read more!

PS- this post is sponsored by Saveur & Whole Foods Market. Thank you for your support! All opinions are my own :)

• • • • • • • • • •

Comments

1. Jennifer says

This looks like it will be sooooooooo delicious! I think I might use this as a side for Thanksgiving! Very nice article at Saveur by the way!

Yes! That’s a great idea! You could even serve it was a vegetarian main, if you have guests that don’t eat meat. Just swap out the chicken stock for veg stock and you’re all set. And thank you, by the way! :)

Gorgeous article Emilie – and I’ve just realized that I’ve got everything required for this recipe at home, sans arugula (though I do have baby spinach which I think I’ll sub in for an easy dinner!). It’s definitely a bit frustrating to create a varied, healthy diet when you’re on a budget. Aaron and I have fallen into a bit of monotony at the moment, mostly due to fatigue, time restraints and budget issues (seriously not feelin’ the cooking vibe at 8:30pm on weeknights!). You’ve inspired me to stock up at my local bulk-bin store this weekend to prep ahead for next week.It’s definitely much more cost effective than dashing to the corner store on the way home! xx

You are so sweet, Laura. Thank you for taking the time to read the article. It is incredibly challenging to come up with creative, healthy meals especially when it’s late after work! I totally get it. And there’s nothing wrong with the corner store ;) I do hope you find some good buys this weekend to get the inspiration flowing. And PS- baby spinach is perfect! xo

emilie- what a totally beautiful recipe and completely down to earth article. if available, bulk bins are absolutely the way to go – you’re able to sustain yourself in such brilliant ways. your stuffed mushrooms are divine looking, and the whole grain couscous has me excited. ♥

Welcome Loran! You are too kind! I have a beautiful graphic designer who just ‘gets me’ ;) I’m so glad you stumbled upon my blog as well-

Thank you Natasha, I hope so too! Eating healthy on a budget isn’t necessarily hard; it’s all about planning and becoming a savvy shopper. I was happy to find some amazing deals at Whole Foods.