Oftentimes, I forget to blog about the everyday things.
We make a lot of stuff in this house that never makes it to post. For example, my weekly chicken cutlets? Never blogged it. My baked salmon? Nope, not today. Oh, wait- how about my turkey meatballs with leeks and spinach? Exactly. Maybe it’s because these things are so routine I no longer find them interesting. But perhaps you will? This snack mix is the perfect example of common neglect. I make a batch every 1-2 weeks depending on how much we go through. We enjoy it by the handful.
I separate the mix into individual bags for on the go convenience.
All of the ingredients can be found at Trader Joe’s. And yes, I live in that store.
- mini multiseed rice crackers
- organic whole dried cranberries
- roasted unsalted cashews
- chocolate covered sunflower seeds
The multiseed crackers (those round things) are flavored with tamari which gives the mix that deep, salty flavor. They’re also gluten free. If you can’t find them, a similar sub would be those funky shaped oriental rice crackers. You could also use mini M&M’s for the chocolate covered sunflower seeds too. I combine everything together in one big dish and then portion it out accordingly. Altogether, I think it takes about 5 or 6 minutes. It’s great to have a healthy snack all set and ready to go for whenever you need it.
This is what I grab at 3 o’clock when I’m craving a little something. I’m a total sucker for salty + sweet.
- The measurements in this recipe are meant as a guide. Play around to suit your taste.
- I double checked the product section on the Trader Joe’s website, and all of the ingredients are gluten free.
- 1½ c. mini multiseed rice crackers (soy + tamari flavor)
- 2 c. roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 c. whole dried cranberries
- 1 c. chocolate covered sunflower seeds.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Make adjustments to suit your taste.
- Store in an airtight container or portion into snack size bags.